Wednesday, July 19, 2017

It's the beautiful things we pick out


"When we think of the past it's the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that." -- Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Hey, remember this blog?

Probably not. I barely do, and it's my blog -- I mean, it's been almost two years since I last posted here. But no matter: the point of this is post that I've decided to relaunch this blog, thanks to a little nudge I received from my buddy Alex, a fellow English major with a literary blog of his own who I (virtually) met by way of our baseball card collections.

The inspiration couldn't have struck at a better time, because lately -- more than ever -- I've felt the need for an outlet regarding my (not at all brilliant) literary thoughts and musings. Whether it be book reading, book collecting, or simply book loving, I'll try to tackle any and all things books around here.

Also, as the newly-christened title of this blog indicates, I work at a bookstore, and I figure this might also be a good place to chronicle some of my more curious stories from my menial job (and boy are there some stories).

My posting rate will probably be sporadic, at best. I barely have time to write for my other blog these days -- not to mention trying to squeeze out time for my own creative writing -- but I just want to know that this page is simply here, whenever I need it. Hopefully I'll have a few fellow literature lovers along for the bumpy ride.

Books really are a beautiful thing -- as the bursting crates and shelves in my room indicate -- and I'm excited to have this blog up and running again.

- Nick

1 comment:

Alex Markle said...

Looking forward to checking out your posts, Nick! Considering the many shared interests, we'll have to meet up in person one of these days!